Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sunday

Sunday July 4th,

Our first day of hiking was surprisingly more difficult than we anticipated. While it was only a two mile hike, the steady incline and altitude came as quite a shock. We made camp around 7 near crater lake and Dean the Powerhorse made chicken and bacon quesadillas. They were wondertown. I tried to make my own quesadilla creation with Jack Links buffalo chicken nugget jerky, and well....You win some, you lose some. But everything tastes good on the trail.

I woke up this morning to Mike the Gorilla moaning. I said to him, "hey mike, how'd you sleep?"

He responded, "well, I went to bed at 11, woke up at 11:07, 11:12, 11:16, 11:25, 11:40...." He kept going till he reached 2:17 when I told him to shut up and go back to sleep. The general consensus was that no one slept well, with lots of tossing and turning. The good news (sorta) is that today is brutalcakes. We are going to be hiking a vicious 7 mile incline over West Maroon Pass, arguably the most difficult section of the trip. The reason this is "good" is that we will hopefully sleep better tonight due to sheer exhaustion.

Oh, I almost forgot another fun fact. Dean the Powerhorse broke one of our water filters. Bad news bears.

All in all, spirits are high, and today we may die.


Much love,

Team Jaderstorm

No comments:

Post a Comment